Front End Developer/User Experience Specialist
Posted on January 19, 2016
JOB TITLE : END DEVELOPER/USER EXPERIENCE SPECIALIST
Front End Developer:
- Create and implement intuitive, functional landing pages and other web-based assets on our proprietary CMS using HTML5/CSS3 to accomplish marketing goals;
- Develop and design e-newsletters and other web-based communications using online marketing best practices;
- Provide informed recommendations for design and layout, behavior and functionality of websites through general knowledge of best practices;
- Create styles in content management system (CMS), and assist in administering users as needed, troubleshooting bug fixes and deploying builds;
- Use responsive design techniques for web development across multiple platforms;
- Assist in testing cross-browser, cross-platform, and/or cross-device compatibility for inconsistencies;
- Apply critical thinking and find solutions to moderately-complex software and technological issues within the scope of the role;
- Assists in monitoring website statistics and analyzing trends, ultimately incorporating website design changes as needed to ensure ease-of-use for customers and higher sales conversions.
User Interface/User Experience Specialist:
- Create wireframes that illustrate site layout, navigation, controls, and content prioritization.
- Design the interface and experience for a broad range of digital marketing deliverables: landing pages, web sites, mobile apps, and more.
- Develop and maintain sitemap and wireframe mockups, usage scenarios, prototypes, specifications and other design documents to communicate design ideas.
- Document design before handover to development teams for implementation.
- Create navigational models that are aligned with the defined user experience and business requirements.
- Work with development teams to make sure that the information architecture reflects the customer's needs.
- Collaborate with writers, developers and fellow designers to take a project from initial idea to final output.
- Possesses a passion for interactive design with a strong understanding of online marketing and a belief that effective design is about the whole experience, not just the graphical presentation.
Desired Skills / Core Competencies:
- Define interaction models, user task flows, and UI specifications. Communicate scenarios, end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and screen designs to stakeholders. Develop and maintain design wireframes, mockups, and specifications as needed
- Produce high-quality visual designs—from concept to execution, including those for desktop, web, and mobile devices at a variety of resolutions (icons, graphics, and marketing materials). Create and iterate on assets that reflect a brand, enforce a language, and standard of user experience
- Strong graphic design & production experience a plus.
- Self-driven with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and effectively in a team environment.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in information design and user scenarios.
- A strong focus on mobile UI/UX and a keen understanding of what it takes to build engaging and responsive websites.
- Thorough understanding of agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures.
- Strong analytical and planning skills/experience with software development projects.
- Deep knowledge of the web landscape, devices/operating systems and user experience.
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Web Design/Marketing, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of professional experience as an UI/UX Designer, User Experience Designer, or Interaction Designer.
- Impeccable design skills with 2-5 years of proven experience in creating multimedia and interactive websites.
- Must have strong skill set using Adobe Creative Suite products; InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Web Development skills are a must. Coding skills including HTML, CSS, PHP, and knowledge of content management systems such as WordPress. Experience with plug-ins a plus.
- Portfolio/work examples showcasing web/interface design examples.
Job Type: Full-time
Local candidates only:
- UX experience and/or web design: 2 years
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to learn more about online marketing in general. You will work with an experienced online marketing/software development team. This is a full-time in-house position.